Hello Alpha Wolves community!
We hope that your August is going great for you, we know ours is. So without further ado let’s get started on our monthly recap.
The summary will be broken down into the following sections:
- Binance Launchpad Project of The Year Award
3. Alpha Universe
- Alpha Homora
- Alpha Tokenomics
- Alpha Launchpad
- Alpha Oracle Aggregator
4. Alpha Wolves Community
Alpha Finance Lab won the ‘Binance Launchpad Project Of The Year’. Other strong nominees include The Sandbox, Injective Protocol, Axie Infinity, Safepal and Tokocrypto. This award recognizes the best performing Binance Launchpad project of 2021, and we are honored to win with such strong competition.
For any interested Alpha wolves out there, you can view the full announcement here.
We welcome the beginning of August with a new partnership with Eden Network. We are sharing Eden Networks’ priority slot with Band Protocol in order to leverage Eden Network’s priority queue. A liquidation bot for Alpha Homora product line is something that we are looking to explore. The bot would aim to increase the security of the protocol, as well as, help multiply the value accrual in the Alpha ecosystem by redistributing value back to ALPHA stakers in the future.
Alpha has partnered with Project Galaxy, an NFT service provider, to reward the various partner communities farming on Alpha Homora V2. We have recently given out Alpha x Sushiswap and Alpha x Curve NFTs for the eligible users. Over the next few weeks, Alpha Homora V2 users can look out for more NFT!
In order to help the Alpha Wolves community manage their positions better, we introduced a new ‘Minimal Function Mode’ for leverage yield farmers on Alpha Homora V2!
When The Graph’s servers are down, it disrupts Alpha Homora V2 users from viewing their position information, the APY on Alpha Homora V2, and thus users are unable to refill or close positions.
The ‘Minimal Function Mode’ fixes this issue by caching the users positions automatically, allowing users to view these positions during downtimes on The Graph.
View the guide here to see how you can manage your positions during these situations, using Minimal Function Mode.
The second security audit for AlphaX by Trail Of Bits has been completed and we are currently working on the frontend development.
Moving on to Alpha Tokenomics, the number of ALPHA staked is now at ~188M (~46% of the circulating supply)! The number of staked ALPHA has increased by 63M for the month of August alone!
We have also added a few upgrades to the Alpha Tokenomics site , which includes a new home page, an updated Staking page that shows BETA tokens distribution and a Launchpad page. This home page will show users 3 benefits for staking ALPHA tokens on Alpha Tokenomics.
Check out the new Tokenomics site.
August was an amazing month for Alpha Launchpad as well. The launch of Beta Finance was a success. The BETA lock-up period had also begun for ALPHA stakers!
In order to prepare ALPHA stakers to receive BETA and future Alpha Launchpad project tokens, we updated the community on some structural changes to staking ALPHA. These additions are unique and structured to bring massive value to ALPHA stakers, who are long-term investors and believers of Alpha.
Let us take a look at the additions:
Anyone who stakes ALPHA after Aug 18th, 2pm UTC, will get BETA. As a result, after Aug 18th, 2pm UTC:
- The unstaking period for staking ALPHA tokens will be adjusted from 7 days to 30 days
- The withdrawal period (period in which users can claim unstaked amount) will increase from 24 hours to 72 hours
- BETA tokens “lock-up period” will begin
- BETA tokens will be distributed to ALPHA stakers over the span of 6 months
- During this 6 months period, ‘half’ of BETA tokens will be unlocked for distribution after the end of 3rd month (90 days after Aug 18th, 2pm UTC), after that the rest will be distributed evenly across the span of 3 months.
Let’s take a look at the factors that contribute to the amount of BETA tokens distributed to Alpha stakers.
- Number of ALPHA staked (no minimum)
- The more you stake the more BETA you get
- Length of time that you stake (no minimum, but unstaking period is 30days)
We apply a real-time weighting system.
Let’s say you stake 100 ALPHA on (or before) Aug 18th, 2pm UTC, these 100 ALPHA will get 1x weight right away.
30 days have passed
- These 100 ALPHA will be weighted at 1.44x. This means that our system will understand that you stake 144 ALPHA.
60 days have passed since Aug 18th, 2pm UTC (when you first staked)
- These 100 ALPHA will get 2.08x weight, and our system will understand that you stake 208 ALPHA.
90 days have passed since Aug 18th, 2pm UTC (when you first staked)
- These 100 ALPHA will get 3x weight, and our system will understand that you stake 300 ALPHA.
The maximum weight each ALPHA staker can get is 3x.
This means that if you stake after Aug 18th, 2pm UTC or if you withdraw ALPHA before the 6-month BETA distribution period ends, then a part of your future allocation will be allocated to those who are still staking.
To read more about the distribution model click here.
Beta Finance is only the first Alpha Launchpad project that has been launched and as a matter of fact, we have already onboarded 4 more amazing projects! These projects will later be launched on Alpha Launchpad, and ALPHA stakers can look forward to receiving a portion of their token supply, so be ready! To read more about the Beta Finance click here.
Stake your ALPHA here now!
Alpha Oracle Aggregator
Alpha Finance Lab continues to explore ways to improve the efficiency and security of the Aggregator. Alpha Oracle Aggregator has integrated the Chainlink Feed Registry to retrieve prices across multiple pairs of assets. As a result, Alpha Oracle Aggregator can rely on the registry, along with the Band Protocol to aggregate the latest prices from any of the supported assets instead of having to manually find the target contract address on our end. For more information view the announcement here.
Alpha Wolves Community
To welcome September, Alpha Finance Lab is excited to introduce Alpha DAO to the Alpha Wolf Pack. The launch of Alpha DAO will be separated into multiple phases, in which phase 1 is launching in August 2021.
What to expect from Alpha DAO Phase 1:
This phase will focus on enhancing transparency and engaging more with the community on product developments, partnerships, product release plans, new product ideas, and many more. Some of the new features include:
- Alpha Forum
- An open public discussion forum for Alpha core developers, 3rd party developers, 3rd party protocols, and Alpha Wolf pack or Alpha community members to discuss various developments, ideas, and collaboration opportunities.
- Bi-Weekly Call with Active Alpha Wolves
- Proposed topics from the Alpha Forum will be talked about here, where Alpha Wolves can contribute, ask, and discuss what they have in mind upon the topic. Active Alpha Wolves may also be asked to join in!
- Alpha Podcast
- Apart from discussing the upcoming Alpha products, use cases, partners, and usages, Alpha Podcast will also highlight key discussions on the Alpha Forum and update the community on all the moving pieces in the Alpha Universe.
To learn more about Alpha DAO visit here.
Until next time Alpha Wolves!🐺
About Alpha Finance Lab
Alpha Finance Lab is a DeFi Lab, and on a mission to build